Educational Opportunity Center
Established in 1972 by the U.S. Department of Education, Mercer's Educational Opportunity Center has been in existence since 1988 and serves more than 2,000 students in Georgia. EOC provides post-secondary education and training information and application assistance to low-income first generation adults who reside in Georgia.
The purpose of EOC is to provide adults 19 years of age and older who have dropped out of school with information and services to return to a secondary or post-secondary education at any school.
There are many advantages for participants in the EOC program. Participants can take advantage of the following services:
- Assistance in completing college admission applications
- Assistance in completing financial aid applications (FAFSA)
- Information on the General Education Development Program (GED)
- Academic Counseling
- At least 19 years of age; or
- Less than 19 years of age and cannot be appropriately served by Talent Search Program
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. Permanent Resident
- Military Veteran
- Meet current income and first generation guidelines
To apply, please complete the following form provided below and return to the EOC office.